- Publication date:
- NewsBank (36988)
- Next Ireland manager odds: Steve Bruce new favourite as chances tumble
The odds have dramatically tumbled on Steve Bruce being installed as the new Republic of Ireland manager.
- Dublin GAA heroes calling on sport stars to join march for Gaza
Dublin GAA heroes David Hickey and Michael Darragh Macauley are calling on other Irish sport stars to join them in marching for Gaza.
- 24-hour house guard for Leo Varadkar and Micheal Martin over threat from far-right factions
Gardai have now been deployed to protect the homes of the Taoiseach and Tanaiste 24 hours a day – because of the threat from the far-right.
- State spends €8.5 million on deportations in 10 years
The state has spent €8.5million on deportations in the last 10 years, new figures have shown.
- Dublin property manager steals reg plates from cars in 'intimidation effort'
A property manager, who stole number plates from cars parked in estates his company manages in a bizarre intimidation effort, has dodged losing his management licence after he paid €5k compensation.
- Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner to go on trial for alleged rape of Dublin woman
The monster suspected of abducting Maddie McCann is to stand trial in the new year for the alleged rape of an Irish woman in Portugal.
- Met Eireann extend Status Yellow ice warning until Monday morning
Don't put the hot water bottles away just yet because the freezing cold weather is set to linger for a few more days.
- Dublin weather: Exact day pinpointed for end of cold snap but bleak forecast ahead
The run of freezing nights in Dublin is set to extend until at least Wednesday - with nothing but bitter cold and rain in between.
- Dole fraud crackdown - over half a million reviews of welfare claimants carried out
The Department of Social Protection carried out over half a million reviews of welfare claimants this year, we can reveal.
- Dublin gardai handed 'lovely' message by little boys while on patrol in city centre
Two little boys have sent a heartwarming message to gardai on the streets of Dublin, thanking them for keeping them safe.
- Level 5 Ireland: Full list of essential retailers and services as lockdown begins again
Ireland is about to enter a full Level 5 lockdown once again, with the biggest change coming to non-essential retail and services....
- Family trapped in living hell as home under siege from intimidating drug addicts
Open drug use, filth, discarded drug paraphernalia and sometimes unconscious drug addicts are not conditions to raise young children in....
- Asylum seekers may receive State apology over Direct Provision system
Asylum seekers may receive a State apology over living conditions in Ireland's Direct Provision system....
- Young UCD student hit by Luas tram was already dead from fall, hears inquest
A student with a bright future as a politician was already dead from a fall to the ground off his bicycle before he was struck shortly afterwards by a Luas tram near Dublin city centre, an inquest has heard....
- Full list of medicines affected as Ireland faces major shortages
Ireland is facing a serious medicine shortage as the healthcare system struggles to deal with the new wave of infections this winter....
- Residents of apartment block facing mass eviction to hold rally outside Dail
Tenants of a Dublin 8 apartment block who are facing mass eviction will hold a rally outside the Dáil this Wednesday in hopes the Government and Dublin City Council will intervene and keep them in their homes....
- Guns found hidden in walls of chainsaw killer Paul Wells' Dublin home
Gardai suspect they have recovered the weapon used in one of Ireland's most notorious murders – after workmen found two deadly guns at the killer's former home....
- Jozef Puska evidence will show he 'fled Tullamore' for Dublin after Ashling Murphy murder, court hears
Jozef Puska admitted to murdering teacher Ashling Murphy by stabbing her in the neck, his trial heard yesterday....
- Regency shooting's 'getaway drivers' and Hutch family friends receive combined 17-year jail sentence
Two long-time friends of the Hutch family have received combined jail sentences totalling 17-and-a-half years at the Special Criminal Court for acting as getaway drivers during the notorious Regency Hotel attack in 2016 during which Kinahan Cartel member David Byrne was murdered....
- Gerry Hutch trial hears using tracker on vehicle in north would be illegal
A defence lawyer for Gerry Hutch has said it would be illegal if gardai utilised a tracker on a vehicle he was in while it was in the North....