Fuel Allowance: Over 70 Application Form (NFS2 - O/70)

Published date14 December 2022
IssuerDepartment of Social Protection
Data Classification R
Social Welfare Services
NFS2 - O/70
Application form for
Fuel Allowance for people
aged 70 years or over
What is Fuel Allowance?
Fuel Allowance is a means tested payment to help those in qualied households with their
winter heating costs. The payment is available to those aged 70 or over who meet the qualifying
conditions. Those aged 70 or over do not need to be in receipt of a social protection payment to
Fuel Allowance is a seasonal payment which normally begins in late September and ends in April
the following year.
How do I qualify for Fuel Allowance?
To get Fuel Allowance you must be:
legally and habitually resident in the State;
aged 70 years or over;
satisfy a means test;
unable to provide for the full cost of your heating needs from your household resources; and
living alone or only with other qualied persons.
How do I complete this form?
There are examples on the back of this page that can be used as a guide to ll in this form. Please:
write with a black ballpoint pen and use capital letters;
answer all questions and place an X in the relevant boxes; and
ll in Parts 1 to 7 as they apply to you and your household.
Where do I send this form?
Send this completed application form to:
How can I get help and further information?
If you need any help to complete this form, please contact the Fuel Allowance section by calling
0818 200 400 or 071 915 7100.
You can also get help at your local Intreo Centre or Social Welfare Oce or any Citizens Information
Centre. You can nd the name and address of your local Intreo Centre or Social Welfare Oce by
visiting www.gov.ie/intreocentres.
For more information, visit www.gov.ie/fuel.
Fuel Allowance Section
Department of Social Protection
College Road
F91 T384
What do I need to complete this form?
You will need to provide your Public Personal Service (PPS) Number, the PPS Number of others in
your household and information about;
your and your partner’s work and claim details;
any income you or your partner receive from all sources in Ireland and abroad; and
other persons living in your household.

To continue reading

Request your trial

VLEX uses login cookies to provide you with a better browsing experience. If you click on 'Accept' or continue browsing this site we consider that you accept our cookie policy. ACCEPT