JD Supra Ireland
- JD Supra
- Publication date:
- Dechert LLP (74)
- Littler (7)
- White & Case LLP (6)
- Fox Rothschild LLP (6)
- Hogan Lovells (5)
- Arnall Golden Gregory LLP (4)
- Goodwin (3)
- Fisher Phillips (3)
- King & Spalding (2)
- MERITAS - Law Firms Worldwide (2)
- Faegre Baker Daniels (2)
- Alston & Bird (2)
- International Lawyers Network (2)
- Snell & Wilmer (1)
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP (1)
- Dentons (1)
- Bilzin Sumberg (1)
- Ballard Spahr LLP (1)
- Proskauer - International Labor Law (1)
- Knobbe Martens (1)
- NAVEX Global (1)
- Jackson Lewis P.C. (1)
- Orrick - Equal Pay Pulse (1)
- McDermott Will & Emery (1)
- Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP (1)
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP (1)
- Morrison & Foerster LLP (1)
- Financial Services Quarterly Report - Fourth Quarter 2019: To Compliance and Beyond: the Central Bank’s Forward View for 2020
A recent Dechert OnPoint, No Reward for Good Behaviour: The Central Bank’s Approach to Enforcement, examined new guidance of the Central Bank of Ireland (Central Bank) regarding the enforcement process involving non-compliant firms. Returning to the theme of the OnPoint, this article reviews key features of the Central Bank’s recent announcements, to look forward to what may be expected for 2020.
- GDPR Guide to National Implementation: Ireland - A practical guide to national GDPR compliance requirements across the EEA
Q1/ Applicable legislation - (a) Have the requirements of the GDPR been addressed by introducing a new law, or by updating existing legislation? New legislation has been passed.
- No Reward for Good Behaviour: The Central Bank’s approach to enforcement
On 14 November 2019, the Central Bank of Ireland (the “Central Bank”) launched its Administrative Sanctions Guidance (the “Guidance”), accompanied by a key-note speech by Derville Rowland, the Director General of Financial Conduct. The speech and the Guidance mark a continuation of the Central Bank’s demands for high standards, a trend prominent in recent industry guidance including the Industry Letter on Closet Indexing (the “Industry Letter”), the oversight requirements contained in the Fund Management Companies – Delegate Oversight Consultation Paper (“CP86”) and the changes to the Fitness and Probity Regime.
- Central Bank of Ireland CP130 - Treatment, Correction and Redress of Errors in Investment Funds
In September 2019, the Central Bank of Ireland (the Central Bank) published CP130, a consultation paper on the proposed regulatory framework (the Framework) for the treatment, correction and redress of errors in investment funds (the Consultation). It is proposed that the Framework will apply to fund management companies acting for Irish authorised Undertakings for the Collective Investment in Transferable Securities (UCITS), Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs), Irish domiciled fund management companies acting for non-Irish authorised funds and non-Irish fund management companies acting for Irish authorised funds (each, a Fund Management Company). The deadline for submitting responses to the Consultation is now less than a month away. Dechert is currently finalising its submission to the Central Bank and continues to seek feedback from industry stakeholders for inclusion in its response.... Please see full OnPoint below for more information.
- Irish Data Protection Commission Issues Guidance On Right Of Access Under GDPR
Ireland’s Data Protection Commission has issued a guidance note on the right of access under the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Ireland Issues Data Breach Notification Guidance
The Irish Data Protection Commission has issued guidance on data breach notification under GDPR. Key takeaways: A personal data breach is a security incident that negatively impacts the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of personal data, with the consequence that the controller is unable to ensure compliance with the principles for processing personal data as outlined in Article 5 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Irish Data Protection Commission Issues Guide To Data Protection Impact Assessments
We heard recently from French Data Protection Authority CNIL on the topic of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs). Now, Ireland’s Data Protection Commission has issued its own Guidance Note on DPIAs under The General Data Protection Regulation.
- Littler Global Guide - Ireland - Q3 2019
The Supreme Court of Ireland recently examined the extent of the obligation on employers, under Irish Employment Equality legislation, to put in place “appropriate measures” to adapt a place of work to reasonably accommodate disabled employees.
- EU/UK trade and customs relationship in the new N. Ireland protocol
The EU-UK agreement reached on 17 October 2019 ("Agreement") revises the Irish backstop with a new protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland ("NI protocol").
- Irish Data Protection Commission Clarifies Its Role In Protecting Individuals’ Rights
The Irish Data Protection Commission (DPC) does not have any power to order an organization to pay compensation to an affected data subject. In the case of administrative fines, any funds collected from these fines go to the state exchequer.
- M&A Update | Inversions: The View from Ireland
On June 25, 2014, Ireland’s Taoiseach (Prime Minister) Enda Kenny and Minister for Finance Michael Noonan, among others, met with Cadwalader Chairman-elect and Corporate Group Co-Chair James C. Woolery in Dublin regarding foreign direct investment in Ireland and, specifically, the recent...
- Investment Funds Update - Europe: Legal and regulatory updates for the funds industry from the key asset management centres and primary European fund domiciles: Ireland
Central Bank Update Concerning Fund Management Company Boards The Central Bank has published a document in relation to Fund Management Company Boards including a feedback statement on CP86 and a new consultation on delegate oversight Guidance as well as publication of new...
- Pfizer to Lower Price of Enbrel in Ireland
The Irish Times reports that Pfizer will be cutting the price of Enbrel® (etanercept) on November 1st. Pfizer is cutting its price to comply with Ireland’s Framework Agreement on the Supply and Pricing of Medicines (the “Framework Agreement”), which, starting August 1, 2016,...
- Investment Funds Update: Europe: Legal and regulatory updates for the funds industry from the key asset management centres and primary European fund domiciles - Issue 5, 2017: Ireland
Discussion Paper on ETFs Published by the Central Bank - The Central Bank has published this Discussion Paper about Exchange traded Funds (ETFs). It notes that Ireland is the largest European centre for Exchanged Traded Funds (ETFs), which are the fastest growing type of investment fund...
- Investment Funds Update Europe - Legal and regulatory updates for the funds industry from the key asset management centres and primary European fund domiciles - Issue 3, 2018: Ireland
Central Bank Updates AIF Rulesbook for Loan Origination QIAIFs - The Central Bank released on 14 March an updated AIF Rulebook with amendments in relation to Loan Originating Qualifying Investor Alternative Investment Funds (“L-QIAIFs”) to permit loan origination to be part of investment ...
- Littler Global Guide - Ireland - Q3 2018
Employers Caution: Out-of-Hours Emails and the 48-Hour Working Week - Precedential Decision by Judiciary or Regulatory Agency - The Irish Labour Court case of Kepak v. Gráinne O’Hara recently illustrated the risk for an employer when its employee is found to have worked...
- Irish Data Protection Commission Clarifies: GDPR Does Not Preclude Communion Photos
The GDPR that stole communion… Some schools in Ireland have been banning photographs at communion, citing GDPR. The Irish Data Protection Commission clarified in a guidance titled “Taking Photos at School Events: Where Common Sense Comes Into Play” that this is not mandated by ...
- Irish Data Protection Commission Issues Guidance On Right Of Access Under GDPR
Ireland’s Data Protection Commission has issued a guidance note on the right of access under the General Data Protection Regulation....
- Enforcement of Foreign Judgment or Arbitral Awards in Ireland
This is to answer the Group’s questionnaire regarding recognition and enforcement in the Republic of Ireland of foreign judgements and arbitration awards. Please see full answer below for more information....
- ICAV for Christmas!
In our January 2014 OnPoint - Yes - ICAV! Irish Minister for Finance Announces New Irish Corporate Fund Vehicle - we outlined details of the proposed new Irish corporate investment fund vehicle and the enhancements that it offered over the existing corporate fund regime....